6.2.13


Sometimes we just have those pinch me moments. Those moments when reality seems and feels better then any dream. Those moments when we couldn't imagine what life would be like any other way. 
We are happy. We are at peace.

A year ago at this moment I was going through one of the biggest trials I never expected that id have to go through. We all hear stories about hard break ups but it’s not until we put our heart through one, that we can even comprehend the feeling of breaking. People try to be there for you, they say they feel your pain, they help you to get your mind off of the hurt temporarily but at the end of the day, you realize it’s all just to cloud your hurt feelings.

With time, you heal, move on, and find yourself again.

This blog started as a healing for me to get my feelings out. It started as a way for me to vent and reflect on life more in particular this break up that I was going through. I saw that through my words, I have helped others in return with their breakups and life’s trials. It was never my intention to gain attention but to help others who maybe going through what I was going through.

In this past year, I have not held myself back. Everyone has a bad break up, everyone gets hurt, everyone knows what it feels like to get let down with empty filled promises and lies. We have all been there. 
So what?

I believe in not holding ourselves back. Go out there and take that risk again. Find love again and if you get hurt – get back up and take another risk. There is no girl who is exactly the same nor is there any guy who is the exact same. Don’t punish the opposite sex because of that one person who hurt you. There will be someone who will find the good in you, who will not let you go and will cherish the amazing things you have to offer.

It’s frustrating I know. The toughest trial that I had this past year was accepting that when things didn't work out – there were reasons for it not working out. I was engaged, I was happy, I had a wedding date set, I did everything I could to make it work – why wouldn't it work out? We blame ourselves but... hey if it didn't work out – it never was suppose to.

It has taken a complete year for me to feel myself again. It has taken a full year for me to have no desire to turn back and revisit my past. If you would have asked me a year ago if I believed in my Heavenly Fathers plan for me – I would have told you heck no – but little did I know how grateful I would end up being.  

Today, make a change in your life. If you’re not happy, change. If you have seen yourself turn into a person you don’t wanna be – change yourself.  It’s never too late to change the cards you have before your eyes. If I have learned one thing in this past year it’s this – never settle. You can have the world and more.

Thank you for helping me through this journey of healing. Thank you for being my support group and helping me see that there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

I am the happiest I have ever been. I am so grateful so all that I have. I couldn't ask for anything better then this life I am living. I hope my journey has given you hope to know that there is more to life, so much more to life then dwelling about things that are meant to break up down. Take those trials by the horns and make it a positive thing in your life.