9.8.12



Isn’t it interesting how true this picture is? It’s funny when you think about how much we control our own feelings. But are we really capable of turning it on and off as easily?

Lately there have been some situations where I wish I could turn that switch on so fast! I wish I was capable of diving into another relationship and would have the will and want to care about someone again. I just can not get myself to fully care. I care just enough to make the difference. Its getting the rest of it that’s seems challenging.

Then there are other situations when you wish you could just numb your feeling and not care ever again. My dad and I have always had an interesting relationship. It’s been the same type of relationship ever since I was very little. You would think by now after all these years; I would just accept it and realize things wont change. But instead I find myself still upset about it. I know that we both can try to change things but reality is people don’t change.

At the end of the day it comes down to you either feeling happy or feeling sad. Right? I mean yes, you could be angry or stressed but ultimately you are one of the two. I wish I could somehow film my “feeling switch”. I bet it goes like crazy all through my highs and lows of life.

It would be interesting if everything in life could be controlled by an on and off switch.