9.10.12

Beautiful Heartbreak


Every fear, every doubt,
All the pain I went through;
Was the price that I paid to see this view;
And now that I'm here I would never trade...

The grace that I feel,
And the faith that I find;
Through the bitter-sweet tears,
And the sleepless nights;

I used to pray he'd take it all away,
But instead it became a beautiful heartbreak.
 

I reflect on my life events that have occurred in the past year and see a roller coaster. There were many times I would cry unto the Lord just wanting some kind of understanding of what was going on. I wanted a glimpse into my future. I just wanted to see where I needed to go. But how grateful I am now for the Lord letting me test the waters and figure things out.

I stand here today with a great appreciation for prayer. I have gained a testimony for the power of prayer. I will admit I have had times in life when prayer seemed hopeless but I have really seen a difference in my life. The Lord continues to answer my greatest prayers. He is there just waiting for me to reach out to him for answers and help.

I stand here today with a different love for the Lord. A greater love. I have seen his hands shape me and shape my life like a beautiful piece of art. He has been there blessing me daily with opportunities of growth. I witness his love for me, a daughter of god, daily.

I stand here today more grateful than ever before for my family. The years go on and we are hit with more and more challenges. I am grateful that we have become such a close family. My siblings have become my comfort.  My parents have become examples to me in so many ways I never knew possible.

Today I stand here stronger then I have been in a long time. I am forever grateful for the gospel that I have in my life. I am forever grateful for the knowledge I have. I am forever grateful for my Savior.