6.6.12

Reason


I once believed that everything in life just happened, no real reason, just coincidence. There wasn’t supposed to be an excuse or reasoning behind things. It was life and sometimes life threw you good things and then other times, bad things.  I guess you could say I felt that life had no real purpose, more often it just happened and as we lived life, we learned lessons from the trials and hardships. Experiences in my life lately, however, have taught me a different lesson than simple coincidence: things might just happen for a purpose.   

I reflect how much my life has changed in the past four months. I went from preparing myself to get married, and having no desire to come back to school in Idaho… I thought I had my life all figured out. I thought I was heading in the right direction.  

I still have those days where I get sad. I have days when I want to just give in and go back to him. I miss having that companionship. I miss having someone there whenever you need it for any kind of emotion. I miss the life I had.

To get through it… I have found a whole new love for running. I run when I need to get anything off my mind. When I need to think about things. Or to just escape reality. I have used it to cure my pain and to help me get over this hard time. It has helped so much.

Last week, I sprained my ankle. It has been a week and I am now just being able to walk... I look like a zombie but hey at least now I can get off my couch. This may sound really silly but this truly has been a trial for me. I used running as a cure in so many ways these past months and sitting here not being able to even walk normal is killing me.   

I use to believe there was no reason behind things. I no longer believe this.  I know that there is reason behind why I am here now at BYU-Idaho. There is reason why I sprained my ankle when I did. There’s a lesson to be learned in all of this. I know that life and the things that happen to us as we live our lives happen for reasons.  We sometimes find ourselves in the middle of happy times and also bad times.  That’s life just teaching us lessons—making us stronger.  I think someday, when we have completed life and all that was thrown our way, we will experience pure joy.