25.6.12


I-pod on repeat, I hear the same lyrics play over and over
Kiss me like you wanna be loved.
I sit and think about what that really means. Does it mean- kiss someone till they are convinced that you are the one… or is it something as simple as just wanting to mean something to someone?

Out of all the girls in the world.
I am just a number.
The girl next to me is just another number.
What separates us from each other?

Will she catch his attention before I do?
Will this turn into some kind of game?
Who will be the one who leaves holding his hand?

We play this game with our heart sometimes. It’s the battle of wanting something but not knowing if it’s what we need. Not knowing if they are who you really need in our life. We have a battle with our wants vs our needs. Then at the end of the day you sit alone with all the thoughts in your head.

As I continue to listen to this song – I hear these words –
Settle down with me - I’ll be your safety – you’ll be my lady

Out of all the girls in the world.
I am just a number.
The girl next to me is just another number.
What separates us from each other?

What separates us from each other is the guy who asks you to be his. The one who makes you not just a number but his number one. I think back to the line – Kiss me like you wanna be loved – that means – kiss him like you wanna be loved by him and only him.