1.7.12

Is it a risk to Love?
What happens if it never works out?


What if we never did things in life only because we were afraid that they wouldn’t work out? What if we just held onto our heart so tight never letting anyone in because we didn’t want to know the feeling of it breaking might feel like? When one door closes, another one is bound to open. Do we stand outside the door or walking in – taking on the risk?

I feel throughout my life I have always wanted to attach a definition to the word love. In my mind it’s like there is suppose to be a huge grand definition of what love is. Then there should be a long explanation and direction of how to love. I always heat that “love” just happens. You like someone enough that with time that “like” turns to “love”. But, honestly think about it… what is love?

Every example I have been shown of love has gotten me to the point that I wonder if we should change the word or maybe just the definition. If you love something you hold onto it tight and never let go right. Then why do so many couples loose sight of the love they once had for someone and think life would be better otherwise. Why do spouses live in fear that their loved ones may cheat on them? Why do spouses cheat on their loved ones?

Maybe I’m generalizing too much on the couples and marriages that don’t work out but if it’s all based around love – I’m starting to give up on it.

I hate turning back to my past but honestly, people use to comment about how in “love” my ex fiancĂ© and I were. Couples would say- man, I want what you guys have….He loved me so much he left me. That was out of love right? The same love that I thought our relationship was based off of. The same love that half of the couples start off having and then one day they just give up and claim they are no longer in love.

Sounds like it’s a constant battle to me. No one knows what the definition is to love. No one knows the instructions to love. Why don’t we all just erase the word and pretend that it doesn’t exists. Sounds easy enough right. I mean half the world has already done it…